Pre- Thanksgiving Detox
Concerned about the Thanksgiving Holiday? Four days of eating foods that may not be on the list of “regulars” may lend itself to not feeling our best or having mild digestive issues. I know that our bodies naturally remove toxins through our lungs, skin, kidneys and GI tract.
I decided to help my body optimize the detox pathways with a few simple activities. This is nothing like and intensive detox programs which are better suited for spring. So, for the 5 days before Thanksgiving I will:
- Avoid sugar, refined carbs, alcohol, and highly process foods.
- Eat lots of vegetables – twice as many vegetables as fruit
- Eat lean protein sources
- Drink 8 glasses of water daily
- Exercise 1 hour a day
- Take an Epsom salt bath or sauna daily
- Get an extra hour of sleep.
It would be great if you wish to join in… Let me know.